We face all manner of problems in our working lives, from day-to-day issues and obstacles that stop us achieving our working goals, to unexpected roadblocks in long-term strategic projects. Having a structured approach to tackling these problems that everyone can engage in and contribute to is half the solution.
The objectives of this bite are to help participants:
- Understand and apply a problem-solving process
- Appreciate the role of problem solving in the Continuous Improvement process
- Build the support and engagement of teams and stakeholders in making decisions
We use a case study throughout the Bite, which helps participants to work through the different stages of the problem-solving process of defining and analysing the problem, identifying and selecting appropriate solutions, implementing and then evaluating the chosen solution. Tools studied include the Cause and Effect Fishbone approach, Ideas Funnel, Forcefield Analysis, Criteria Rating, Process Flowcharts and Gantt Charts.
Available e-Learning modules to create a blended learning programme for delegates:
- M018 Problem-solving: tools and methods
- M153 Effective decision making