People at all levels and in all functions need to influence others – be it colleagues, seniors, staff, customers, suppliers or external bodies. The ability to influence without bullying, threatening, trading, pleading or buying off requires subtle persuasion which leaves personal dignity intact, while achieving its goal.
The objectives of this bite are to help participants:
- Understand the role of power, its sources and how people use it skilfully to achieve their goals
- Discuss political challenges using the approach of the skilled politician
- Practise influencing without authority; we consider the relationship triangle and its impact on the objectives being pursued
Available e-Learning modules to create a blended learning programme for delegates:
- MH017 Three levers for building a winning cooperation
- MH135A-B The art of persuading through listening