Strategic thinking is no longer a once-a-year task performed as part of the annual strategic planning process. More than ever, today’s leaders require the ability to execute tactically, as well as work and think strategically. At all levels, strategic thinking has become necessary for both short – and long-term success.
The key lies not just in individual skills, but also in the ability to engage others in the ongoing strategic process.
The objectives of this bite are to help participants:
- Develop an understanding of strategy and its importance
- Develop understanding of the key elements of strategic thinking
- Review some useful strategic thinking tools
- Perhaps kick-start a new strategic process for their team, for their department, or, if they wish, for themselves
We review the key elements of the strategic framework and process within the context of understanding what we are aiming for and where we are starting from. We explore different methods for analysis and planning and support participants in applying the insights straight away.
Available e-Learning modules to create a blended learning programme for delegates:
- M042 The SWOT analysis
- M077 Strategic vision and activity management