Learning Bites – Effective Meetings
Too often, internal business meetings are unproductive, unstructured and take far too much time out of the working day. By having vague goals and unclear expectations of attendees, progress is often slow and painful and participants can be left wondering what value a meeting has added to their day.
The objectives of this bite are to help participants:
- Set meeting attendees’ expectations through appropriate preparation
- Structure, conduct and control meetings to ensure objectives are met and time is not wasted
- Handle difficult situations or behaviour to ensure a productive environment for the meeting
- Ensure appropriate outcomes and action steps are agreed and implemented at the end of a meeting
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their meetings
We use PEPSA (Purpose, End Products, Standards and Agenda) to help participants prepare themselves and their attendees for a productive and efficient meeting. They practise setting the tone at the start of the meeting, assigning roles and keeping the meeting on track, and closing the meeting in an action-oriented manner. Difficult challenges addressed include late attendees, interruptions, non-participation, conflict and common meeting disruptors.
Available e-Learning modules to create a blended learning programme for delegates: