Emotion is a normal part of the human experience, and an essential component in the way we all live, work and build relationships. Yet ‘emotion’ has become something of a dirty word in the workplace, with some people being described as ‘too emotional’ or letting emotion ‘interfere with their decisions’.
This course is aimed at executives and middle managers who want to improve their ability to understand and deal with the emotional aspects of their colleagues, and of themselves.
Learning how to deal with strong emotions – anger, confrontation, anxiety – can be an incredibly useful tool in a business environment. Indeed, enabling positive emotions – contentment, satisfaction, a sense of fulfillment – can make working life more enjoyable, ultimately increasing motivation, loyalty and productivity.
Managing Emotions is a combination of two-day classroom training and pre-and-post course e-learning modules. The training encourages delegates to better handle emotion and conflict, nurture positive emotion, and become more poised and responsive. Learning is underpinned by the ‘virtuous triangle’ of balance, confidence and performance.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how emotions work – and their impact in the workplace
- Appreciate the connections between the brain, emotions, stress and self-confidence
- Deal with difficult emotions – both their own and those of others
- Prevent conflicts
- Handle tension and conflict more effectively
- Improve problem-solving
- Increase individual and collective motivation
- Develop trusting, respectful and positive relationships, and support others to do the same
- Understand others better and communicate more effectively
Every participant receives full personal support, and assessment at both the beginning and end of the course. The e-learning modules are also made available for one year.
Contact us to discover how we can help your team manage emotion more productively