- Learn the basics of project management
- Integrate every aspect of project management: performance, costs, deadlines and risks
- Work effectively in a project team
- Steer the project to successful completion
- Newly-appointed or occasional project managers
- Project team members
- Project team managers
- There are no pre-requisites for this course
- Identify your role and your added value
- Interact effectively in a project team
- Produce and fine-tune the project’s roadmap in terms of performance, costs, deadlines and risks
- Keep the project on course as it unfolds
Benefits for the company
- Increase productivity and obtain the desired results
- Achieve objectives faster and cut production lead times and production costs
- Optimise organisation by using cross-functional/ project-mode management
- Ensure buy-in from project teams
The learning journey is implemented on LearningHub@Cegos and the content is accessible for 12 months.
Two 30 minutes e-learning modules
1. Project management essentials
- Project contribution to your company.
- Anticipating and organising the project progressively.
- Identifying the key players.
- Steering the project.
- Assuming your role as project manager.
2. The project framework
- Preparing for the project.
- The project charter.
- Strengths and limitations of the task flow chart.
- Change requests.
Letting participants exchange work experience and industry information, helping them transfer the skills to performance.
2 days classroom training
1. The fundamentals of project management
- The project life cycle
- Roles and responsibilities in project management
2. Project content and performance management
- The project charter
- The task flow chart
- Managing change requests
- Project evaluation
3. Time management
- Constructing a schedule
- Optimising planning
4. Cost management
- What is an estimate?
- The estimating process
- The project budget and budgeting
5. Risk management
- Project risk management
- Identifying and assessing risks
- Responding to risks
- Monitoring and controlling risks
6. Working in a project team
- The personal effectiveness of project team members
- The collective effectiveness of project team members
- Project meetings
7. Steering the project
- Project overview
- Managing progress
- Project close
Personalization: Choose 1 out 3 modules
Three 30 minutes e-learning modules
1. Project planning
- Working to deadline.
- Designing your team’s task flowchart.
- Calculating dates and identifying the critical path.
- Building the GANTT chart.
- Building stakeholder commitment to the project schedule.
2. Drawing up a project budget
- Key concepts of project budgets.
- Estimating the project budget.
- Planning the budget over time.
- Managing the project budget effectively.
3. Anticipating project risks
- The nature of risks and the process of risk management.
- Identifying and assessing risks.
- Responding to risks.
- Supervising the project’s exposure to risks.