Topic: Management & Leadership
As a manager, you are often confronted with the individual and collective feelings and emotions of your staff. If you ignore or underestimate them, these emotions may manifest themselves in counterproductive behavior that can be harmful to performance.
It is your job to learn to accept these emotions and support them by developing your listening and empathy skills.
This is a 2-part module.
Part A Learning objectives:
Concrete application of emotional intelligence to individual management:
- How to identify the signs of emotion in your coworkers.
- Practice emphatic listening.
Part B Learning objectives:
Concrete application of emotional intelligence to team management:
- Practice responding appropriately to a coworker’s feelings.
- Identify the signs of collective feelings and managing them appropriately.
Watch preview video here:
By the end of this 2-part module, you will learn to:
- Understand the emotional dimension of the manager’s role and capable of dealing with your coworkers’ emotions.
- How to handle individual emotions in the heat of the moment and identify the right support provision based on the nature of the emotional reaction.
- Manage your team’s feelings and emotions using the range of tools discussed.