The relationship skills of the manager
Topic: Management & Leadership
A manager’s activities mainly involve receiving information, communicating, transmitting knowledge and helping individuals and teams with their methodology and decision-making. These fundamental activities can only be carried out successfully via an appropriate communication system.
An effective manager therefore needs to use the appropriate means of communication and make best use of time spent in contact with the team.
Discover methodological and managerial communication tools. Practical exercises to help you prepare for and lead fluid, effective team meetings:
- Developing an adequate communication and information system.
- Communicating consistently and based on the team’s needs.
- Preparing for and leading a team meeting successfully.
Individual meetings are important moments for manager and coworker alike. They can only be successful if the manager is able to understand, listen and explain his or her decisions.
Managers must therefore establish a regular schedule of individual meetings and ensure they are available to deal with sensitive situations or unforeseen circumstances.
How to make use of communication tools to boost your credibility, listen effectively and be able to make decisions. Practical exercises that will help you to conduct individual interviews, give feedback and delegate. Effective methods to help you be clear and assertive when making decisions in an interview.
- How to conduct an effective individual interview.
- Managing sensitive situations.
Watch preview video here:
By the end of this 2-part module, you'll be able to:
- Communicate effectively with your coworkers, taking individual needs and circumstances into account.
- Prepare for and conduct an individual interview effectively.
- Learn to deal with mistakes and resolve sensitive situations in an interview.