Topic: Project Management
A project encompass all the actions required to respond to predefined needs within set deadlines. These needs are often expressed by several individuals, both inside and outside the company.
It’s not always easy to express their differing expectations explicitly. As a project manager, your added value is in your ability to translate these needs into a concrete project.
This is a 2-part module.
Part A Learning objectives:
The needs definition process is addressed through a fun case study, allowing you to learn about the key phases step-by-step. The explanatory videos, interactive activities and quizzes will help you transfer what you have learned to your day-to-day context. A model set of functional specifications will allow you to project easily to your own situation:
- Which are the five stages of the needs definition process.
- How to identify project stakeholders and to mobilizing appropriate individuals to define the needs.
- What is the appropriate level of effort and obtaining official approval.
Part B Learning objectives:
Similarly, a case study will be the main activity. You will have access to downloadable tools to help you transfer what you have learned to your own projects. A model set of functional specifications will allow you to project easily to your own operational situation
- Which are the three dimensions of needs collection.
- What are good practices to adopt for interview conduct.
- How to formalise the functional specifications.
- When to challenge, prioritise, contractualise and share needs.
Watch preview video here:
- Using specific tools, you are able to formulate the project need through a structured approach. You will also involve relevant stakeholders to define the needs.
- Upon completion of this module, you will have a set of methods and tools to collect, sort, analyze, formalize and prioritize needs for the user. You will also be able to download a reusable tool to help you contractualise and communicate needs.