- Give your oral presentations greater impact
- Structure a global message that hits home
- Align your speech and behaviour with the company’s image
- Innovate in your choice of materials.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course
- A broader array of communication tools at your disposal
- A more personal, sincere touch and a focus on your natural communication style
- Hit the target every time
Benefits for the company
- Enhance the company’s image, both in-house and externally, with managers who are skilled communicators
- Develop a core facet of your managers’ leadership: verbal communication
- Use better management communication to ease change
The learning journey is implemented on LearningHub@Cegos and the content is accessible for 12 months.
Three 30 minutes e-learning modules
1. Identify your communication’s style
- Being aware that there are several communication styles.
- Understanding how to distinguish between styles, their similarities and differences.
- Identifying your dominant style.
- Developing a flexible approach in communication situations.
2. Successfully adapt your message
- Identifying the main situations in which public speaking in required within a company.
- Gaining an aerial overview of the situation to help identify the target audience, what is at stake and the context.
- Adapting your message for different situations.
3. Adopt a winning style
- Learning the basic concepts of non-verbal communication.
- Identifying whether another person is open or closed.
- Deciphering unspoken messages and untruths.
- Deciphering signals from an audience and adjusting your communication accordingly.
Letting participants exchange work experience and industry information, helping them transfer the skills to performance.
2 days classroom training
1. Take the stage and develop your speaking skills
- Making yourself heard and understood
- Achieve stage presence by learning to control your body
- Harnessing your energy and coordinating your movements on stage
- Using improvisation to develop your creativity
2. Communicate successfully and deliver outstanding presentations
- Defining your communication strategy and analyzing the communication situation
- Identifying your audience and adapting your language
- Discerning and adapting to your audience’s expectations
- Deciding how much preparation to do for the presentation
- Staying confident and in control for effective communication
Personalization: Choose 1 out 2 modules
Two 30 minutes e-learning modules
1. Evade trick questions at meetings
- Handling situations in which speaking is difficult.
- Asserting yourself without being aggressive.
- Choosing the right rephrasing technique.
- Answering questions.
- Developing fast reflexes.
2. Master «cyber communications»
- Identifying the new cyber communication tools.
- Adopting good practices and avoiding the pitfalls.
- Learning about the inherent limitations and risks associated with communication technologies.