- To equip the hiring managers with the competency and skills to conduct interviews and confidently select the most valued and appropriate talent for the job function. Programme aims to:
- Equip managers with a framework and structure in conducting an impactful interview session.
- Design a competency-based Job Description for hiring & selection purposes.
- Arm managers with a comprehensive range of interview questions and techniques for conducting Competency Based and Behavioural Interviewing Sessions.
- Enable managers to ascertain the organisational cultural fit of potential candidates.
- Provide managers with observational skills for non-verbal cues (body language) and techniques to align it with verbally communicated messages.
- Learn how to listen for clues and drill down to discern the exactness of interpersonal qualities, decision making abilities, planning abilities, team player qualities, past experience on performance & achievements.
- Ascertain if the candidate is fabricating or over-exaggerating facts about their past experience, job function abilities & achievements.
- Create a pool of quality candidates for current & future requirements.
- Awareness of the 7 Factors that influences the job offer decision in the selection process.
Workshop Methodology & Pedagogy:
Focus is on activity & experiential learning-based methods infused with concepts & best practices sharing. The workshop will be highly engaging with the following:
- Simulations & Constructive Critique Sessions.
- Video Observation with Discussion Sessions on best practices & learning vantage points.
- Application of concepts.
- Success Sharing.
- Designing an appropriate competency-based Job Description for an intended role.
- Illustrations and provision of a comprehensive list of behavioral & competency-based interview questions.
Participants are required to bring along the following:
- At least two resumes of candidates that they will be interviewing in the near future OR they have interviewed but have not selected the potential candidate for the position as yet.
- At least one resume of a staff that they have hired and is currently in active employment.
- At least one resume of an ex-staff that had been hired and is no longer with the company (either resigned, de-hired or managed out).
- A job description for an intended role.
Duration of Workshop:
2 days (29th – 30th January 2018). Starting from 8:30am – 6pm daily.
SGD 800 excluding GST (5% discount for 2 pax or more).
Travel to Singapore of overseas attendees will be at own arrangement.
Overview of Workshop Agenda
|MODULE 1||In-Basket Exercise – “Who Got the Job?”|
|MODULE 2||The Job Interview 1: Simulation Exercise|
|MODULE 3||10 Factors to be Considered before Setting the Hiring Requirement|
|MODULE 4||Designing a Competency Based Job Description|
|MODULE 5||Pitfalls Managers Make in the Selection & Recruitment Process|
|MODULE 6||Competency Based Interview Technique – The STAR Approach|
|MODULE 7||Mind The Body Language|
|MODULE 8||Behavioral Interview Techniques|
|MODULE 9||The Interviewer’s Choice Questions|
|MODULE 10||The Integrated Interview Approach|
|MODULE 11||Application Into “Actual Candidates” Interview Session|
|MODULE 12||The 7 Critical Factors Influencing the Job Offer Decision in the Selection Process|